Table of contents
The Global Village in Dubai is considered one of the world’s most famous and beautiful tourist destinations as it provides its visitors with a unique and exceptional experience that they will not find anywhere else.
An overview of the global village
The Global Village is located on a very large area of about 1,600,000 square meters. The village offers a variety of recreational and cultural facilities that the visitor enjoys and enriches his information about different countries, as he goes through a unique experience, such as visiting all the countries and get to know them in one place, it is one of the places that people would visit many times and never get tired of it.
The Global Village constantly presents shows, music and singing parties, and various games that suit all age groups, it contains large green areas, The Global Village includes many pavilions of countries that provide the experience of shopping for the products that these countries are famous for, tasting their food and merging with their cultures, which makes Global Village is a destination suitable for families, individuals and all age groups.
Global Village is located on the outskirts of the charming city of Dubai, on Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road, Exit No. 37.
Pavilions and landmarks of some countries
- Egypt Pavilion: You can have a wonderful experience by visiting this pavilion, which is distinguished by its various designs that reflect the nature of the ancient Egyptian and Pharaonic culture. It includes pharaonic statues, obelisks, etc., in addition to the opportunity of shopping and buying pharaonic statues, paintings, and tasting Egyptian folk food.
- Saudi Pavilion: By visiting this pavilion, you will learn about the customs and traditions of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, their behaviors and their traditional cloths. You can also shop and buy most of the commodities that Saudi Arabia is famous for, such as dates, perfumes, Shemaghs, and others.
- Syria Pavilion: Syria is known for the famous Dabkeh dance, which you are greeted with inside the pavilion. You can also taste the distinctive Syrian food, and buy the products that Syria is famous for, especially olives.
- United Arab Emirates Pavilion: Although you are inside the UAE itself, it also has its own pavilion, it includes a small version of Burj Khalifa, which completely embodies the real shape. Inside the pavilion, there are the most prominent landmarks of Dubai, such as Ain Dubai, the Wind Tower, and others, the visitor will enjoy watching the craftsmen who give a distinguished presentation on the history and past of the Emirates in manufacturing fishing nets, pottery, etc., and certainly the visitor can shop and buy most of the products that the Emirates is famous for, such as perfumes, incense, clothes, dates, and others.
- Morocco Pavilion: The design of the gate of this pavilion is distinguished by the presence of a statue of Ibn Battuta, “the prince of the Muslim travelers”. You can wander inside this pavilion to enjoy watching the most prominent landmarks of Morocco, such as the highest minaret in Marrakesh, the world’s first university, “Al-Qarawiyyin University,” which was established in 859 AD, shopping and buying skin care products, which are the most important products that Morocco is famous for, and to taste Moroccan tea and other drinks and foods.
- Iran Pavilion: Iran is famous for its carpets, as you can find the craftsmen weaving it to have a glimpse of the ancient Iranian heritage, and paintings, and certainly you cannot miss the opportunity to go shopping and buying the most famous goods of Iran.
- Yemen Pavilion: This pavilion is distinguished by its antiquity and amazing designs that will impress everyone who visits it. You will see the most prominent landmarks of the state of Yemen, such as the Little Big Ben clock tower. You can also enjoy traditional Yemeni music while you are shopping for products that Yemen is famous for, such as honey and accessories, especially those related to home decorations.
Activities inside the global village
The Global Village is an ideal destination for families and individuals, and a multicultural place, so by visiting the place you can enjoy the various types of foods that are provided to you by about 200 food outlets, you can also enjoy carnival tours, various games, entertainment shows, various and huge parties, as well as the opportunity of shopping and buying various products.
To visit the global village
The season starts in October and ends in April (targeting the winter months), it is now in its twenty-seventh season, its daily hours start from 4 PM until 12 AM on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, while on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, the daily hours start from 4 PM until 1 AM, and Tuesdays are for families and women only.
Ticket prices start from 18 AED, you can also book through the official website of the village (The global village).