Table of contents
The city of Hurghada covers an area of 40 km² on the Red Sea coast. It is the capital of the Red Sea Governorate, and is considered one of the most famous tourist cities in the world, as tourists flock to it from all over the world because of its charming beaches, as it is the capital of magic and beauty and is distinguished by its mild weather that enables you to practice various activities such as diving and seeing coral reefs that have no equal in the world. The city of Hurghada is currently divided into several sections, Saqala, which is the old part, and the center of the city, El-Dahar, at the middle of the city, villages, which is the modern part, and suburbs that do not include villages.
Activities in Hurghada
There are various activities in Hurghada such as safari and camping trips, riding water submarines, climbing mountains, seeing coral reefs, playing with dolphins, watching seagulls, surfing, safari in a beach buggy, participating in diving trips and enjoying water games.
The most famous places in Hurghada
- Sand Museum: It is located on Safaga Road and operates from 8 am to 6 pm, the entry cost per person is about $20. It is characterized by the presence of carved statues of various historical figures, as it includes about 42 statues, including historical figures such as Queen Cleopatra, Queen Isis, and Sultan Muhammad Al Fatih, and fictional characters from Disney and superheroes that children love, it also includes paintings of cartoon characters, small amusement parks for children, restaurants, cafes, and shops to enjoy the time and buy souvenirs.
- El Gouna: One of the most famous, prominent, and beautiful resorts located in Hurghada, to which many visitors from inside and outside Egypt flock, as it is characterized by the presence of the Zitoun beach, golf courses, and many cafes and restaurants. It includes more than 14 hotels, a small airport for private planes, and a hospital equipped at the highest level, therefore many tourists come to it to enjoy various activities.
- Sahl Hasheesh: It includes 6 first-class tourist resorts in addition to the international yacht marina, various sports centers, Horse riding club, and a large cinema complex. You can watch the landscape while walking on the bridge, enjoy diving trips and watch the Pharaonic city underwater, and for golf lovers there is a larger Golf courses.
- Grand Aquarium: It is located on Hurghada Road at kilo 12, and operates from 9 am to 7 pm, the entry cost is about $10. It is one of the distinctive places in Hurghada, where visitors flock to it from everywhere, as it includes many activities such as the Aquarium which has a glass tunnel with a length of 24 meters in which there are different fish, sharks shows, diving trips with sharks in the presence of trainers, a water cave for children, there is also a museum with fish ponds, Wadi Hitan Fossil & Climate Change Museum, and a small zoo with a wooden bridge, wooden houses, wild animals, seating areas, and green spaces.
- Sea World Hurghada: is located in Makadi Bay, Safaga Road, Al-Nasr Street, and operates from 10 am until 6 pm, the entry cost is $30 for adults and $15 for children. It is one of the most important amusement parks in Hurghada, where people of all ages go to it to enjoy various activities such as playing with dolphins and sea dogs, hiking in Green spaces and playing various games, as it provides all facilities such as restaurants, cafes, and places for recreation.
- Mini Egypt Park: It is located in the south of Hurghada, Makadi Bay, and operates from 10 am to 7 pm, the entry cost is about $5. It is a water museum in which there are small models of different countries that you can see in a short time by riding a boat and enjoying a unique and different trip.
- Giftun Islands: It is a special place for nature fans, where you can watch seagulls, enjoy various diving spots, and see coral reefs.
- In addition to many other places in Hurghada such as Marina Hurghada, Makadi Walk, Tourist Walk, Yacht Marina, Hurghada Corniche, Magawish Island, Esplanade Mall, Senzo Mall, Halaket El Samak, Grand Waterworld Makadi Hotel, Crazy Land Park, and Saqala area.
The most famous hotels in Hurghada
- The Grand Resort, Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh, Sunrise Mamlouk Palace Resort, White Beach Resort, Citadel Resort, Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh, Cook’s Club El Gouna, Three Corners Ocean View Hotel, Iberotel Makadi Saraya Palms, Sheraton Miramar Resort, Pickalbatros Dana Beach Resort, Sunrise Crystal Bay Resort.