Table of contents
Burj Al Arab Hotel
Burj Al Arab is one of the world’s greatest towers and hotels, an iconic landmark of the Emirate of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, and one of the most prominent manifestations of urban development in the Emirates in the twenty-first century.
Burj Al Arab construction and specifications
Sheikh “Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum” assigned the architect “Tom Wright” to design and build Burj Al Arab hotel, which cost approximately one billion dollars, to invest and create another source of money other than oil, Burj Al Arab hotel with all its features is considered a strong factor to attract and develop tourism in Dubai. Architect Tom Wright challenged himself and designed the world’s most luxurious and famous sail-shaped hotel, so it was initially called the “Arab Sail”.
The genius architect Tom Wright began the design in 1993 AD, while the constructions of Burj Al Arab began in 1994 AD; more than 3000 workers and nearly more than 309 contracting companies contributed to the construction process which took 3 years, but the opening took place in 1999 AD, because the construction of the artificial island on which the hotel was built took two years, which represented a great challenge to build a very high building on an artificial island above sea level. In order to maintain the solidity of this building, it was established on on a base of about 250 concrete and cement columns, each of which has a diameter of approximately 1.5 meters, and set deep below the sea level by 45 meters. In addition, a bridge was built to connect the hotel with the island, Burj Al Arab Hotel is about 300 meters high, and therefore it is the world’s third tallest tower.
A tour inside the world’s most expensive hotel
Burj Al Arab hotel has a private airstrip, which allows its visitors to reach it by private jets if desired, or by a private luxury Rolls-Royce car with a private chauffeur, upon passing the corridor or the bridge that connects the land and the hotel, a wonderful and impressive tour begins as the fun begins as soon as you enter the main reception hall, which is characterized by a lot of luxury than others, as visitors are impressed by the giant columns, and there is also a fountain with a rising water height of more than 30 meters, which is a great view. Attention is also drawn to the floors and walls, which have an area of approximately 24,000 square meters, and are made of a type of marble called (Sttuario marble), which is Italian-made marble and is the same one that Michelangelo used in his sculptures in the Renaissance period. Many of the furniture and decorations are made of or covered with 24 carat gold.
The staff start by offering the guest cold drinks until the check in procedures are completed, then he goes through an escalator next to which there is a huge aquarium of more than 170 meters long that includes many different types of fish, the guest gets to his room, whose door is made of gold, through the elevator, all this is accompanied by the butler provided by the hotel to provide all services for each room, then the butler gives the guest a tour to the room.
Burj Al Arab hotel rooms and suites
Burj Al Arab hotel consists of a large number of rooms, double suites, royal and diplomatic suites.
- Family suite (3 rooms): includes three bedrooms, three living rooms, a large dining room, and a guest room.
- Family suite (two rooms): includes two bedrooms, a guest room, a living room and a private dining kitchen.
- Deluxe Marina Suites (one room): These suites are double, i.e. consist of two floors, include one bedroom distinguished by its designs, luxury, furniture and furnishings, and on the ground floor a bedroom with two beds, a bathroom and a living room, the area of the suite is approximately 170 square meters.
- Deluxe suite (two rooms): features two bedrooms with a bathroom that includes an integrated jacuzzi, a living room, a private makeup room, a separate bathroom for guests downstairs, and a private dining kitchen.
- Club Suite (1 bedroom): is 330 sqm suite, with a panoramic ocean view, double height. It includes a private bedroom, a living room, a private makeup room, a bar, a master bathroom with integrated jacuzzi.
- Sky suite: is a duplex suite with an area of 170 square meters, located on the upper floors. It includes a living room, a private makeup room, and a master bathroom with an integrated jacuzzi.
- Panoramic suite: is 225 square meters, and it features a distinctive view of the ocean and the city of Dubai. It includes a living room, a private makeup room, and a master bathroom with an integrated jacuzzi.
- Diplomatic Suite: Located on the ground floor, it includes two bedrooms with two king-size beds and a room with two separate beds, a dining room, a living room, a private makeup room, 3 bathrooms with a full jacuzzi and a beverage bar, the suite is 670 square meters, and it features a pleasant view of the ocean.
- Presidential Suite: consists of two floors, with an area of 667 square meters, overlooking a distinctive view of the ocean. It includes two bedrooms painted by a distinctive golden color, two rooms designated for drinking and receiving guests, a private library, next to a living room, a private makeup room, a dining room, two dressing rooms, and two master bathrooms featuring an integrated jacuzzi. 1
In addition to the many features of all these rooms, including the possibility of remote control all the things in the room such as television, air conditioning, lights, curtains, and beds, the distinguished Burj Al Arab hotel also provides about 17 types of pillows stuffed with different bird feathers that provide comfort and relaxation, with the possibility for the guest to choose his favorite type. All rooms offer a high luxury of furniture and decorations made of gold, and the bathrooms are decorated with lacy mosaics, and include amenities for both genders from “Hermes”, perfumes, and unique marble.
Burj Al Arab hotel includes eight of the world’s most luxurious and finest restaurants , including the most skilled chefs and cooks.
- Al Mahara Restaurant: serves delicious seafood, located on the ground floor of Burj Al Arab hotel next to a huge aquarium that includes various types and huge numbers of fish. The capacity of the aquarium is approximately 260 gallons of water, it looks like a shell and its walls are covered with gold to give it a wonderful attractive look.
- Gilt Bar: located on the twenty-seventh floor of Burj Al Arab hotel, and serves various and luxurious drinks in golden cups, almost everything therein is covered with gold, such as the walls, ceiling, tables, and seats, which is noticeable upon enter, and it gives a vibe of luxury, fun and comfort to the visitors, the restaurant requires its visitors to be 21 years old not younger.
- Al Muntaha Restaurant: serves fine Italian and French cuisine, features blue-colored décor, and distinctive view of Jumeirah Island, located on the twenty-seventh floor of Burj Al Arab hotel.
- There are also another distinguished restaurants such as Sal Restaurant, Sahn Eddar, Al Iwan, Bab Al Yam, and Sky View.